Monday, March 31, 2008

umm... wait. What?!?

"CRAP! I think I just accidentally set up a trick."

That was my call for help yesterday afternoon. I'll explain.

There were a couple of new guys in my Saturday morning Yoga class, and I was talking with one when class was over. Turns out he's in town for an extended business trip, and kinda came across the class by accident. As we're chatting, he mentions hanging out sometime, as he doesn't really know many people in town. I'm a friendly guy, so I agree and we exchange numbers. At some point in the afternoon, as I'm taking a nap, my phone rings. It's Dancer Boy (he's a dance choreographer) seeing if I'm available to hang.

"Sure, man. Sounds like fun. Wanna grab a bite to eat or something?" I ask groggily. I mean, I was taking a nap. "Why don't I just come over to your place, you're close by where I am, aren't you?" he responds. I agree, hang up the phone, and put my head back on the pillow.

"Wait! What?!?!" I exclaim as I bolt upright.

At this point, my mind starts racing. Is he thinking this is a hook-up? He know about Brit Boy, right? I mean, I was talking about him after class, as well as my upcoming trip to Thailand to meet up with him. Was I flirting with him when we were chatting after class? I don't think so. Crap. What is he expecting?

So I send out the text at the top to my
Twitter friends. I talk with my friend Sincerity as we have plans to get together for dinner and drinks later on. Basically, I try to figure out if this is all harmless hanging out time or if he's wanting something else.

As it turns out, all that worrying was for nothing. When I talked to Dancer Boy I brought up the issue of what he was expecting. "I was just thinking it'd be cool to hang out."

It was fun. Sincerity thought he was a cool guy too. He showed up about the same time that Dancer Boy came over. I mean, I needed to make sure someone would know if I was dead. Killed by some psycho killer.

No comments: