Sunday, March 2, 2008

Surprisingly, College Station has something to offer

I spent the better part of today in College Station, Texas. Normally, I wouldn't go to College Station (the home of Texas A&M) if my life depended on it. But there's a fitness workshop that I attend most years that happened to be out at A&M this year.

There were, however, a couple of instances that made the trek out into bum-fuck Texas worth it.

1) There was a swim meet going on. When I went in to the locker room to change for my first session of the workshop - OH MY GOD!!! Tall, lean, muscular boys in speedos. DAMN!!

2) Also at the Rec Center was a weight-lifting competition. Muscle dadies GALORE!!

(At this point I was about to swoon)

3) And the best point of it all? My first boss from when I started working at gyms about eight years ago approached me. At first she wasn't sure it was me. She said that she thought it was, but that "I hadn't aged at all."

I think I love her.

No comments: