Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oh, that evil temptress.

Tonight I gave in to temptation. I'm in Dallas on a business trip, and met up with ScottoLuminus for dinner and a show. It was at the show, for an electronic group Justice, that I indulged. It was a simple slip. I didn't mean for it to happen. I had no idea that it was going to.

Tonight I danced in the United States.

See, I don't dance in the U.S. I gave that up a few years ago when I came to realize that really and truly the music here just freakin' sucks. And I mean it sucks my left big toe. So when I go out to the clubs, I don't dance. Now, before anyone says anything, dancing to 80s music DOES NOT COUNT. (Hey, this is my story, I get to make up the rules.)

I don't know what came over me. It started with just a little toe tapping. Then a little booty-shaking. Next thing you know, it's a full-on dance-like motion coursing all over my body. It was like I was in a game of Dance Dance Revolution!

Now, I have to admit that it was intermittent. I just didn't completely agree with the progression of some of the songs. Some were really catchy. Some, not so much. But, it was enough to lure me into shaking my groove-thang, which is a rare occurence indeed.

No comments: