Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This time, I was ready

This Sunday started early. 8am. San Marcos for my scuba certification dives. Then it was over to C's house for a champagne brunch. I have no idea how many bottles of Veuve Clicqot we went through... but DAMN. I got there around 2pm, and by the time Sincerity picked me up at 6:30pm, the counter was littered with bottles. Then it was off to a dinner and drinks. Then off to the bars for even more drinking.

That's when it happened. About eight hours after I started drinking, I saw him. As I posted previously, it's not uncommon for him to be in town visiting family
. Whether it was that I truly have let go of all those negative feelings, or perhaps it was the champagne, vodka, and tequila talking, but I walked right up to Kevin and said hello.

We had a nice, amiable chat. About what, I'm not really sure. But it seemed nice and friendly.

No comments: