Friday, February 15, 2008

And then he kissed me.


I like to think of myself as a mature, emotionally stable person. Someone who uses logic and reason to move through a situation or a problem. Cuz you know... that's what mature, stable, rational grown-ups do.

(You know... you could at least wait till you finished reading till you started laughing)

Saturday night. I'm out with Kelicious having a few margaritas. Followed by a few more. And just for good measure, a couple more. We were having a great time, hanging out with C, JM, and a venerable cast of characters. I went off to the bathroom, and while standing in a line that seemed to last forever, who should walk up? Shot Guy.

"Oh Cary, I've missed you. How are you?" He snuggled up close to me. Put his arm around my waist.

"I have a boyfriend."

"Oh... When I saw you I was hoping..."

I feel a hand on my crotch.

"...um.. that we could..."

And then he tried to kiss me.

I tactfully declined. Tempted? Sure. Remember all those margaritas? But really... if memory serves me right, it wasn't *that* great.

And then I turned, left the bathroom. "Fuck, fuck fuck!!" went through my head. "Is this what the next several months are gonna be like?" I walked across the patio. Completely bypassed telling Kelicious what I was doing. Made my way through the bar. Got outside. Hailed a cab. And went home.

See. I told you. All the actions of a completely rational, sane, well-adjusted adult.

No comments: