Sunday, July 30, 2006

Weekend, Part I. I thought I was ready.

I'll admit that I've thought about it. I mean, it was bound to happen eventually. He did live here his entire life before moving away, and he still has a lot of friends here. Not to mention family. I thought I was ready for it. I was wrong.

I ran into Kevin over the weekend.

It happened so quickly. I was walking out of a bar with some friends. As I rounded the corner, there he was, coming in. We made eye contact. I turned my head and continued walking out. Suddenly it all came rushing back. The anger. The confusion. The love.

My friends immediately saw the change in my behavior. We got to another bar, and shots were ordered. Ahhh... the wonders of dulling the senses with alcohol. I get a text. At first I thought it was another friend of mine that I was supposed to be meeting out. It wasn't. It was him.

It was a short and simple message. "yeah... but i hope you're well." My first thought? "What the fuck does 'I don't ever want to talk to you again.' mean to you, fuckhead?!?!?!"

It's odd how things that happen in just a matter of seconds can affect you for such a long time after. The rest of my weekend was under a haze from this. I thought I would be a bit more blase about this. Er... I wanted to be. In the end, I still feel for him.

No comments: