Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Busted!

Normally I'm fairly good at taking an inconspicuous look at some guy I find rather attractive. I might be wearing sunglasses, pretend that I'm looking past him, and take the opportunity to check him out. Sometimes it just works out that he's looking away from me, and I can do a nice scan of admiration before he adjusts his gaze.

Normally. This time, however, it was as if I had donned the personality and smoothness of Basil Fawlty

As my co-worker Smiley and I were heading to lunch, I notice a rather attractive state trooper hanging around the lobby of my building. A state trooper that I hadn't noticed before. In an attempt at nonchalance, as well as chivalry, I switch places with my co-worker, positioning myself to open the door for her. And take a gander at this hot man.

In my haste to gawk, I completely forgot that I'm injured. In the arm about to be used to open the door.

*slam hand into door handle*

*wince in pain*

*exclaim loudly*

Heads turn to look at me. No longer can I pass off my "glance" at the state trooper.   Busted?  Party of one?

No comments: