Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How long has it been?

My office is getting new printers today. As such, a swarm of computer people descended upon us a short time ago, moving in concert, shouting strings of numbers and letters to each other. As I have found is always the case, there is one really handsome man mixed in with the rest of the "depths of the basement IT people."

At first I paid no attention to the commotion around me. I donned my headphones and fell into a Cure coma, only to be brought back to reality by an almost imperceptible tap on my left shoulder. I spun around, anticipating my gaze to fall upon a person who has not seen the light of day, nor a shower, for several days, if not weeks. 

I made an uncontrollable doubletake as my eyes fell upon a well-groomed, well-dressed 6'1" man with dark hair and green, piercing eyes. "I need to install something real quick on your computer," he said. I knew it was just code for something else.

"Uhhh.... sure...  no problem..." I stammered, and rose from my chair. He maintained eye contact for just a second too long, and suddenly I knew it wasn't just thoughts of peripherals and USB ports running through his mind.  Or at least not the ones you buy at Radio Shack.

Within 15 seconds, he'd moved on to my officemate, but I knew he was still thinking of me. As I hear the computer team packing things up, getting ready to move to the next office in the building, I know he'll be back. He's just playing hard to get.

Damn... has it been that long since I've gotten laid?

No comments: