Thursday, February 19, 2009

You have chairs for those too?

A friend of mine is a staffer for a member of the Texas legislature. Earlier today I stopped by his office to say hi after a meeting, and found him in discussions with the "furniture people." Apparently, his boss was unhappy with the big, comfy chair for his desk. The big leather chair with the seal of the State of Texas across the back. The one that no less than three cows had to give their hides to make. Yeah, he wasn't happy with it. It's not large enough.

So, my friend was in talking with the furniture people. "My boss is looking for one of the high-back chairs. I've seen them in other offices."

"Yeah, I can get one of those for you," the furniture lady stated. "We actually have two models of that chair. They are basically the same, only one is larger than the other."

"Well, which one would you suggest for my boss?" my friend asked.

"Well, that all depends," the furniture lady said. "How large is your member?"

I had to leave.

No comments: