Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Reacquaintance


Four and one-half months. Nineteen weeks, actually. That's how long it had been since Brit Boy and I had seen one another. The most recent regular legislative session was very hard on me and I can say that seeing Brit Boy once more, having him hold me in his arms was one thing that helped me make it through the long hours I had to work. These long hours, however, were having a very adverse impact on me. I drew within myself and had a rather challenging time communicating with Brit Boy. The distance was one thing... my long hours another... and my withdrawal another... But I just knew that once we were together again it would all be fine. We handled issues similar to this before and after all, I knew we were committed to making this relationship work.

Seeing him once I got off plane and made it through immigration and customs (which was a rather long and arduous task) was so wonderful. Him leaning against the railing in one of my UT t-shirts which I was unaware that he had snagged. It was glorious. The embrace and the kiss... well while not quite the image above, it was something special.

England was fantastic. We had just about a week together in the UK until we were to travel through France and Spain to a Burning Man regional event in the desert of Spain. We split the days between me finalizing my admissions interviews with the universities of Leeds and Westminster, him showing me his London (as opposed to the crap tourist places I apparently frequented in my previous tourist trips to London), and meeting his friends. My interviews - nailed them. His London - quite a bit of fun, I must say. His friends - very nice and welcoming.

Things were rushed, but we had a lot of things to accomplish before we left for Spain, but it was just really nice doing things together. I felt myself coming out of my shell into which I had withdrawn. Slowly, but I felt the comfortableness of us returning.

Oh... and we got reacquainted with how to make one another scream and moan. Oh how that boy knows how to push my buttons. But that's another story altogether.

No comments: