Monday, September 29, 2008

I don't like being corrected.

I knew that when Brit Boy got here and we started getting settled as a couple there were definitely going to be some adjustments in how things functioned around the house. Compromises. Negotiations. When these things are being discussed, it is always important to approach it with care and sensitivity. It's important to be open to new ideas.

Well, Brit Boy stated that he thought it wise for us to reduce our electricity consumption by line-drying our laundry. "You see," he said, "In England, line-drying laundry is very common even though its raining three-fourths of the year. In Texas, with all the heat and sun you get, why don't you line-dry?"

"Ummm... well... uhhhh...." I stammered for a while as I tried to rationalize tumble-drying clothes for the past few decades. Cuz really, I have no excuse. It's a waste of energy to machine dry when we have the sun beating down on us so consistently. But I just like... um... *sigh*

He's totally right. I just hope he doesn't make a habit of this being right thing.

No comments: