Friday, May 25, 2007

Pictures of a different nature

I was paid a surprise visit by a couple of Corpus Christi boys last weekend.  Just finishing classes for the semester, they decided to travel around Texas visiting friends.  Little did they know that I was so busy with work that I hardly had any time to visit.  I ended up meeting up with them when I left the office around 1:00am or so and had a couple of drinks before going home to pass out.

Saturday night was a little different.  Work actually slowed up a little so I was able to head to a party with Bartender Boy and have a generally good time before heading home to chat with the boys once they got home from yet another night on the town.  (Note:  A better name has been thought up for Bartender Boy.  He shall now be referred to as Shot Guy, as it was such a short, yet potent, affair).  So, Shot Guy and I head to bed and he quickly falls asleep.  He has this *uncanny* ability to pass out within minutes of his head touching the pillow.  No matter.  I can't sleep.  So I head to the living room to watch some tv and there's one of the Corpus boys on my laptop.  I assume he's just checking his e'mail or surfing or something.

"Hey man, can't sleep?" I ask.  He quickly and nervously closes my laptop and moves towards the guest room.

"Uh... just looking at some pictures.  Goodnight."  And he hurriedly leaves the room.  I'm intrigued.  I turn on the tv, head to BBC Worldnews, and grab my laptop to see exactly what pics he was viewing.  

The screen comes to life.  iPhoto is open.  And filling almost the entire screen is a pic of me taken during a certain desert yoga photo shoot .  I smile and laugh.

No comments: