Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bathroom Etiquette

I swear, I was so close to doing the pee-dance that when the stall door opened I nearly collided with the guy coming out.  It took all the restraint I could muster not to have an accident  while I fumbled with my belt and fly.  (Mental note: why was this so challenging?  Normally I have no problem ripping into the crotch of pants...)  I was so absorbed in the sense of relief I was feeling that I almost didn't hear the guy enter the stall next to me.  I also almost didn't hear the tell-tale jingle of the keys and the little "pop" of a small plastic ziploc-style bag being opened.  Unfortunately, both of these sounds are not unknown to me.  In fact, it's rather common to hear on Friday and Saturday nights in some bars.

What I was not expecting to hear, however, was what came next.  "Tchk, tchk."  My ears pricked up.  Did I really just hear that?  Then it happened again. "Tchk," followed by a deep inhale.  I stopped pissing so fast and had barely buckled my belt when I tore out of that stall.  Thankfully the bathroom was now empty so that no one saw the panicked look in my eyes.  I mean, really.  Since when is it ok to smoke crystal meth in a bathroom stall?!?

No comments: