Friday, April 16, 2010

I had half a Tic-tac three days ago


Cleanse [klenz] verb, cleansed, cleansing.

Verb (used with object)
1. to make clean.
2. to remove by or as if by cleaning.

Verb (used without object)
3. to become clean.

I started a 9-day cleanse this week. First two days were nothing but this magical elixir four times a day and lots and lots of water. No food, no drinking. All total, I consumed less than 400 calories for these two days while still maintaining normal physical fitness regimen. By the end of the second day I was about to gnaw off my left arm I was so hungry, but I made it through.

Starting on the third day, I switched to a magical shake several times a day which has increased my caloric intake to just under 900 calories. Has this impacted my physical activity? Not one bit. I'm still cycling everywhere, hitting the gym, running several times a week, and getting in as much yoga as I can. The result? Well, I am starting my fourth day of the cleanse now and I have already lost 7 lbs. From the right places? Perhaps. The abs seem to be starting their spring rise to the surface. I'm not sure, however, if this whole thing is having much impact on the extra bits on the side.

But maybe it is. Today is the beginning of Day 4, and I have several events, fundraisers, and parties this weekend that might make it challenging to stay the course. Yet with such good results within such a short time, I'm gonna try my best. And, watching drunk people while sober can be a fun spectator event.

2 comments:

AlexJB said...

I'm intrigued that you call this a "cleanse", but only refer to its impact on your weight-loss....

Pookie Pie said...

Well, that's been the most noticeable effect thus far. They say energy levels may increase, but my energy levels are... eh. I am, however, on a huge caloric deficit. I do hope that all the other inner-workings get the benefit as well. All in all, there are a myriad of reasons why I'm doing this.