Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On Falling

I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings. I was finishing a set in my lower body workout and truly getting fatigued. I went to step off the machine and grab a drink of water and take my rest before the next set. Well, in stepping off the platform of the machine, my right foot stepped on my shoelaces of my left shoe which came untied. In the trying to lift my left foot, which was stuck as it's laces were under my right foot, I lunged forward, lifted my right foot which struck the post supporting the platform causing me to spin around and fall backwards off of the workot machine and land firmly on my ass, legs flailing in the air. Luckily, no one was around to see my awkward clumsiness. I quickly sprang up, dusted myself off, and put myself back together for my next set as if nothing happened.

As someone very dear to me said once, "Cary, you fall a lot." Well duh!!!!

Where's my Kevlar body suit?

No comments: