Wednesday, November 14, 2007

How do you spell relief?

I had just finished dinner with some friends in North Austin and was on my bike heading back home.  That's when I felt it.  The feeling that I know so well.  A tension growing in my groin.  It's like my underwear is too tight and I'm straining against it.  I shift on my seat, attempting to ease my discomfort.  I stand up on the pedals, but the movement of my jeans against my crotch only intensifies my discomfort.  My body is telling me that I need relief, and I need it now.

My path home takes me through the Capitol grounds.  I stop, thinking that I might be able to quickly head inside and take care of matters.  The doors are locked and I don't have my security badge to grant me access.  CRAP!!

It's growing.  More urgent.  It's like a knot in my crotch, begging to be untied.  I need the release.

I hop back on my bike, and sprint through downtown.  I start to think of quicker routes back to my house.  Can I handle this tension for the ride up the massive hill that leads into South Austin?  Suddenly, as I'm racing down one street, the answer pops into view.  I slam on my brakes, take off my helmet, and lock up my bike.  I quickly enter a watering hole frequented by homosexuals.  I head to the back of the bar, and it's like my body knows that I will soon be letting go.  With every step the tension builds, as if I'll be able to climax in ten seconds flat.  

I enter the bathroom, walk up to a urinal, and the sense of relief runs through my body as all those iced teas I consumed at dinner flush out.  My knees almost buckle as I exhale deeply.  Now I understand why some men sigh loudly as they urinate.

No comments: