Sunday, June 3, 2012

On Anniversaries

Today, June 3, is the 51st anniversary of my parent's marriage. Or would've been had my dad not died so many years ago. To this day my mom still refers to my father as her soulmate and has never really dated nor remarried. And honestly, I have to admit a bit of jealousy. To have found someone, when she was 21 years old, that she was so devoted to and had such a wonderful and beautiful relationshp with someone is something that I've always aspired to find. But this anniversary isn't about me. This is about celebrating the love, passion, and respect my parents always had for one another. And I hold it all as a bastion of hope for what I may one day find with a man that will love me in the same manner in which I know my mother and my father loved one another for so long. And I know they still do.

No comments: