Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let's Buy Some Shoes!!!


I. Like. Shoes. I mean, I *really* like shoes. I feel it's just so important to have a large selection of shoes to choose from when putting your outfits together.

These are my shoes. Well, most of them. Some of my friends say I have an addiction. Some have tried to stage interventions. All to no avail. I keep searching for new acquisitions.

Especially after this past week. Cuz this past week, tragedy struck. I lost a pair of boots. Brown suede Kenneth Cole ankle boots, to be precise. To recount the events that led up to the loss simply fills my eyes with tears.

I was at the gym. I had changed into my workout clothes and put my street clothes into my locker. I worked out. I came back into the locker room to shower and change. That's when I realized. That's when I realized I had basically abandoned my boots. I had left them out when I put everything else into my locker.

So, someone, somewhere has my boots. Someone took my babies. I hope they treat them well, cuz they deserve to be loved. Caressed. Brushed on a regular basis. Paired with a cute pair of jeans, dark button-down shirt, with the sleeves rolled up.

So what does this all mean? I need to go shopping. For there is now a vacancy in my shoe rack. And we all know that nature abhors a vacuum.

No comments: